Ready for the healthcare shoot out?
How are the players in medtech / healthtech preparing for the seismic shift of decision makers?
- 60 hospital CEO’s exited in the first half of 2023. A 72% increase in the first 4 months of 2023 compared to the same period in 2022.
- Historically, the average tenure for a hospital CEO is 5 years.
- It is estimated that 60-70% of health systems CEO’s will retire or be replaced in the next 2-3 years.
- Will hospitals look outside of the legacy healthcare CEO mindset and look to others who have run businesses that look more like the consumer/concierge healthcare of the future?
Private Equity is driving the rapid growth of ASC’s
ASC’s are run by PE firms who:
- Employ Big B-school MBAs whose mission is to drive efficiencies, live by dashboards & KPI’s and force rank the top 8 expenses and drive the costs of out those activities.
- Use progressive digital tools that collect data sets that drive evidence-based decisions.
- Select employees and create a work and compensation environment that will incentivize more procedures, and better outcomes, and broaden the services provided by the ASC.
The decision makers on the provider front is changing. So will adoption, utilization, and hiring practices.
Curious who is really ready?