Scott asked me my thoughts around the prioritization of Inclusivity & Diversity and how I see it in our industry and with society at large.
This is a generational initiative, it is a complex problem, it will require a chorus of efforts but there will not be a simple answer.
It can be addressed real time but the long-term impact needs to be recognized as generational.
The symptoms present themselves but do not mistake them for the cause.
What are some of the causes?
– Associates degree leveling up is both a good thing and a bad thing.
– Own the responsibility of the adults and the conversations at the dinner table.
– We need to showcase the heroes.
– Stop the bullshit box checking and diversity pandering, it is a shallow intention and I doubt anybody wants to be a “quota”.
– Equality of opportunity is key. Legislating the equality of outcomes is dangerous.
We are all responsible.